- A ministry of Rock Creek Bible Church. Its purpose is to use proceeds from scrap metal donations to suppport Christian mission work both locally and globally. 100% of the proceeds from donated metal is designated for mission work.
- Savior Metals was born from the visionary work of Larry Graves back in 2011. Larry loved to scrap, but even more, loved the Lord Jesus Christ and wanted to find a way to scrap for the glory of God. Every year Savior Metals raises about $10,000 for mission work.
- Drop off location: drop off scrap metal near the dumpster at the Mini-Storage along Route 150 just west of the railroad tracks outside Congerville. There is limited pickup service available at this time.
Black Forest Academy
- Joel & Kristen Cagwin
- Affiliated with Rock Creek Bible Church as missionaries since December 2012. Kristen was raised in our church. She was baptized and with a confession of faith became a member in 1980.
- MINISTRY: The Cagwin family has been called to serve at Black Forest Academy in Kandern, Germany. Joel will provide counseling services for the missionary kids who attend the school and the families who live in the area. Kristen will assist with member care services for local families through their mission agency, TeachBeyond. The work the Cagwins are doing allows missionaries in Asia, Europe, Africa and the Middle East to remain on the mission field while their children are receiving a quality education, spiritual encouragement and emotional guidance in a safe and loving environment.
- Learn more at www.bfacademy.com
- Daryl & Laura Carlson-Affiliated with Rock Creek Bible Church since January 2009.
- MINISTRY: We have found true freedom and real life in Jesus. We are passionate about helping others find the same by surrendering to the one and only Savior of the world. To do this we will use the tool of radio in Alaska.
- The people in Alaska are in desperate need of the healing power of Jesus Christ. The majority of Alaska is sprinkled with isolated villages where many are in despair, and suicide rates are the highest in the country. The power of the Gospel alone can bring freedom from traditional animism and break the cycle of abuse that exists in rural Alaska. These tough individualists are also resistant to the "crutch" of religion. SEND has six church planting teams in the far north (Alaska, Yukon, and British Columbia). Their sights are set on the hundreds of other villages that do not have a Gospel witness.
- Radio is a powerful tool because it enable a small team to minister to people for hundreds of miles. The Northern Light Network provides vital services to people who live in remote areas. Services include news, weather, educational and entertaining programs. Solid Bible teaching and uplifting music are also broadcast to help point people to the creator of the beauty that surrounds them.
- Daryl is station manager for KVRM radio. This radio station will reach the remote Native villages of Alaska where there is NO church. (The first signal will be located in Glennallen, Alaska. We will spread out as God opens doors.) So many of these precious people have never heard the Gospel. They see Jesus as just the white man's God. Daryl will work with a team of Caucasian and Native believers to craft a radio station that communicates the love of God in a way that resonates with a Native American's heart. It will be a radio station with only native voices on the air.
- Learn more at www.send.org
- Paul & Nanci Erkert-Affiliated with Rock Creek Bible Church since 1992.
- MINISTRY: Thirty years ago Nanci and Paul decided that the best thing they could do with their lives would be to help others to have God’s Word in their own language. That value hasn’t changed, and they trust that the Lord will allow them many more years of service with Wycliffe. They also believe that the Lord has gifted them in cross-cultural adaptation and relationships, and they trust that he will allow them to go back overseas—either to Cameroon or to another country where people are waiting for the Word.
Paul serves in International Media Services, which is the team that is responsible for recording Scripture for audio Bibles, scripture-based videos and films. Nanci is a counselor with Wycliffe Counseling Services. She helps missionaries with cross-cultural transitions, marriage issues, parenting, depression, or anything else with which they need help and encouragement. Before taking on these roles, the Erkerts served in Cameroon for twenty-three years. They saw firsthand both the difficulties faced by churches in the developing world and the transforming power of God’s Word, and they count it a tremendous privilege to play a part in giving people the Scriptures in their own languages.They appreciate your interest in their ministry
- Learn more at http://www.wycliffe.org
- Mark & Mary Fischer-Affiliated with Rock Creek Bible Church since 2007.
- MINISTRY: Serving at Ft. Hood, Texas, the Army’s largest post (46,000 active duty soldiers---88,000 including family members)
Ministry at Ft. Hood consists of:
- Running a mini-hospitality house (invite soldiers into our home for meals, Bible studies, discipleship)
- Assisting the chaplains with Small Group Ministry, PMOC (Protestant Men of the Chapel), PWOC (Protestant Women of the Chapel)
- Construction/renovation/maintenance at Cadence’s two 15 acre sites.
- Learn more at http://www.cadence.org
- Bill & Debbie Miller-Affiliated with Rock Creek Bible Church since 1990. They have been missionaries in Argentina since 1995.
- MINISTRY: God`s Call As a 19 year old college student, God called me to the mission field and gave me a dream. A desire to see lives transformed through the good news of Jesus Christ. He not only gave me a dream but a family to share it with.
- Since the original call many years have passed, but the passion to see spiritual revival remains the same. Now we are excited to be working with a strong local church that has a kingdom mentality and is dedicated to being part of a spiritual transformation.
- Prayer request:
- Pray for safety as Mendoza is infested with violent crime.
- Pray for revival. Argentina is at the crossroads between spiritual revival and social liberalism.
- Pray for God`s confirming call of dozens of missionaries being sent from Mendoza.
Operation Mobilization International
- Job & Marie Mohlomi-Affiliated with Rock Creek Bible Church since January 2009.
- Marie attended Eureka Bible Church and her family resides in the Eureka area.
- Both Job and Marie Mohlomi spent 10 years in Albania helping to plan and set up four self-sustaining churches, provide training for young Christians in evangelism and discipleship, and perform humanitarian aid work.
- In late August 2008, Job and Marie--along with their young son, Tshepo--relocated to South Africa near Pretoria. Here, Job and Marie served with Operation Mobilization (OM). Job was leading the Emerging Missions Movement (EMM) for OM in South Africa.
After over 20 years in ministry, in 2017 Job changed career directions and began working with the South African government. His new job is in line with his studies in International Relations and his passion for politics.
Marie is still working as a missionary with OM South Africa. This is a movement to educate, mobilize and recruit believers from the third world churches for missions. The goal to bring awareness about the role of the church in the community and in the world (that is of portraying the love of Jesus through their involvement in issues like poverty alleviation, combating and bringing awareness about HIV and AIDS, and caring for the needy).
- Learn more at http://www.om.org/
- Steve & Linda Tavani-Affiliated with Rock Creek Bible Church since 2001.
- MINISTRY: Sharing God’s Word in music and more in the inner cities of the United States and Canada.
Strategic WOW JAMs (Winning Our World through Jesus And Music) are used to meet four goals:
- To ignite the local church to win their world,
- to impact the community both physically and spiritually,
- to bring people to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ,
- and to draw those people into the local church.
- Pete Cocco-Affiliated with Rock Creek Bible Church since 2006.
- MINISTRY:Encounter is a ministry to college students at Illinois State University and two locations in the Phillipines. Their desire is to develop a community that brings students into a lifelong encounter with Jesus. This happens through understanding God in terms of a relationship - that God Himself desires to be in relationship with us. All other spiritual disciplines flow out of that simple concept. Encounter found its beginnings in 1968. In '99, the name of the group was changed from "Christian Collegians" to "Encounter."
- In 1996, Pete Cocco was hired as the campus minister for the ministry. Pete, and his wife Paulette, had previously spent a year in both Hungary and the Philippines. They moved back to the States to take over the work at Illinois State.
- And in 2004, Ben and Joanne Miller moved from Charleston, Illinois, to work with Encounter. Ben and Joanne had worked with Eastern Illinois University's campus ministry for six years. Joanne works part time with the ministry, discipling the female student leaders.
- Arnold & Gigi have been at the helm of the campus ministry in Baguio, Philippines, since 1996. Arnold has worked part-time in campus ministry and part-time with the Bible College until 2006. Now full time, Arnold oversees the campus ministry in Baguio and also is the director of current and future ministry plants within the Philippines.
- Encounter is not supported financially by Illinois State University. Individuals and area churches send monthly support to ensure that the ministry to college students is sustained. Without their concern, prayer, and financial commitment, the ministry here would cease to function.
- Praise God for the stability that He has created in this place - for the thousands of students that have been impacted through this ministry. And for the students we have yet to meet - who will meet Jesus in this place and commit to the relationship He desires. That's what we're about.
- Learn more at http://www.isuencounter.org
[ Back to Ministries ]